Jetpack is a plugin that connects to WordPress.com and enables awesome features like stats, notifications, and more. To use Jetpack and view your self-hosted blog’s stats follow the steps below. They're best done on a laptop computer or tablet; they can be a bit tough on a smaller phone screen.
If you don't have Jetpack installed...
- Install the Jetpack plugin on your blog. To install, go to the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard from a web browser and select Add New. Search for Jetpack, and click “Install Now”.
- Once the plugin is installed you'll need to connect it to a WordPress.com account. In the Jetpack tab in your dashboard click the “Connect to get started” button.
- You'll next see a screen asking you to authorize the Jetpack connection to your WordPress.com account. Click “Authorize Jetpack”.
- You'll now be redirected back in to your WordPress site's Dashboard.
If you already have Jetpack installed, or after you install Jetpack following the steps above…
- Tap the “My Sites” icon.
- Select your site and tap “Stats”
- This will prompt you to log in with the WordPress.com username and password your site is connected to. This is separate from the username and password you use to log in to your self-hosted site's Dashboard.
After logging in you'll see the stats for your site displayed.
- Go to the Jetpack section of your WordPress dashboard in a web browser.
- Scroll down to the "Connections" section.
- In "Account connection" you can see the connected WordPress.com account.
- If you can't remember the password for that WordPress.com account, you can also reset the password.